I have taken the most epic road trip in the states yet. I flew to LA, met up with my friend Ji Hyun, then took off North. The trip ended in Portland and I flew back home from there.
Day 1 – LA 5/3
– Spent my first day in LA with my friend Jessica on a hike in Santa Monica. The view was stunning, weather was cool and had delicious Asian food.
Day 2 – Yosemite 5/4
– Ji Hyun and I hit the road and arrived in the Wawona Campground in the Yosemite Park. We camped out and really took some time to relax and enjoy the nature. We visited the Mariposa Grove and the infamous valley.
Day 3 – San Francisco 5/6
– We didn’t spend too much time in San Francisco. We had some amazing meals at R&G Chinese Restaurant and Swans Oyster Bar, which I’ve been both of these places on Anthony Bourdain’s show “No reservations”
Day 4 – Driving from San Francisco to Seattle
– This was a long long drive. The landscape was absolutely beautiful. The following is a time-lapse I shot in the car using my ipad. The majority of the video was taken on this day.
Day 5 – Seattle
– Seattle was a magical place. Went to Milstead & co to try their famous coffee. We spent majority of the day at the infamous pine market then headed to the Kerry park to shoot the time-lapse for my project “The Glow”. We also went to a restaurant rated in the top 5 in the nation; Toulouse Petit Kitchen.
Day 6 – Portland
We took it slow cause we were so tired by this day. I tried different brews, tried the infamous Voodoo Donut, explored the food trucks, briefly visited a sketchy strip club, went to the Powell book store and had some cheap sushi for dinner. Ji Hyun and I each took a flight back home.