There certainly is a boundary between “need” vs “want” when it comes to purchasing & upgrading my gear. At this moment, maximizing the quality and efficiency are my top priorities and I had invested heavily on some new gear.
- GH4 camera now brings me 4k in 60fps, 10bit video that are much sharper and dynamic. Paired with the metabone speed booster & canon prime lenses, this camera is a beast.
- I bought a Rode NTG4+ and now the sound recorded using heavy duty XLR receiver that goes with GH4. This thing is beautiful.
- I bought a few lenses to bring some interesting perspective to my work from super wide angle to shallow telephoto lenses, now I can cover everything exactly how I want.
- Additional grip and transportation gear have been added to maximize efficiency and increase production speed.
This week has broken my record of the quantity of jobs booked in one single week. A lot going!
- A fun job started today for Visit Greensboro
- A job got booked with International Home Furnishing Representative Association. There is so much potential market in High Point, this is a great way to get huge exposure quickly.
- Booked a job to create a cool live Promo reel for a band called The Bounce. This job is booked under one of the biggest live band entertainment company, East Coast Entertainment.
- Booked two jobs to create pre event and post event content for Korea Fest 2018 happening on 2/17 in Raleigh
- A start up company Market by SMS booked a job to create a promo video showcasing how their reward kiosk works to boost marketing & traffic for local businesses
- Booked a post-production job with Wrangler
It had been a long while since I took a vacation. from 12/26 ~ 1/1 My gf Audrey and I took a sweet vacation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It was warm and beautiful. It felt so good to be away from the country to explore, eat and appreciate.
2017 was the most exciting year of my life & I’m looking forward to 2018 for sure.